Wednesday 28 December 2011

Star Wars The Old Republic Thoughts So Far


So I took my time to play TOR, and I must say I really enjoy it so far. I am a level 27 Sith Marauder, running around dual wielding Light Sabers is quite fun.

I find myself immersed in the story line, to the point I tend to be skipping stuff which isn't part of my main line, which I shouldn't be really. I get myself into trouble by moving on too quickly then things get a bit hard, but that's ok, I love a challenge.

There are a few things I would like seen too, the optimisation isn't great... I'm playing a game which doesn't appear to have amazing gfx, I'm fine with that (I've been playing wow this whole time obviously) But the thing that gets me is how badly it runs on my PC. For something like this I expect to be able to run it fine, but obviously not. I'm taking a few steps to improve performance without upgrades as I'm quite broke so can't get a new PC.

Other than that these are a few things I'd like to see or bothering me. Some big, some petty.

-Auto Attack. I'd like to see some kind of Auto Attack for melee classes, If I mess up and end up spamming something I don't have any rage for, I don't do anything at all. I think white hits shouldn't be on a key.

-Target of Target. I'd like to be able to see what's targeting what.

-UI Scale. My UI is huge compared to my screen.

-More Camera options. This may seem silly, the reason for some of the things I'm listing are because of what I have in wow... But, little things like how the camera will reset to follow after I change angle and let go while running. Also the Zoom in and out feels like there is too much of a gap in between each scroll of the mouse. I know I'm fussy.

-Targeting feels strange. Sometimes I find myself targeting the dead mobs instead of the ones I'm trying to kill, I guess this is something I'm doing wrong.

-UI customisation in general... If we had an addons folder it would be amazing... There are things I miss a lot from wow, which I would like to have to make my life feel more at home. Also I wan't to stare at a dps meter instead of focusing on what I'm supposed to be doing.

But really, it's early days. We have a lot to see soon, keep up the good work Bioware. I'm really excited to reach max level, and look forward to new patches to see what you bring in. Just wish my PC was better, looks like something I'm going to have to invest in when I can.

On another note, I have cancelled my Warcraft subscription, and if all goes well in TOR, I won't be going back.

Stay Frosty
-Professor Clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment